Thursday, September 3, 2009

BOOKS - Guaranteed to HOOK KIDS on READING!

Take Note of These 3 Authors:

Lynn Garthwaite - Kaleb Nation
- Renee Hand.


These authors write books that will GRAB
your reluctant reader's interest.

BOY'S TOO!

*************************

If your reluctant reader is a young teen, drop
Bran Hambric - the Fairfield Curse,
by Kaleb Nation, on his bedside table.

Bran Hambric was found locked in a bank vault at six years old, with no memory of his past. For years, he has lived with one of the bankers, wondering why he was left behind -- until one night, when he is fourteen, he is suddenly confronted by a maddened creature, speaking of Bran’s true past and trying to kidnap him. ....................That's what I call baiting the HOOK!

*************************

For younger readers,
HOOK them on books by these 2 Authors:


Dirkle has his own web page, where he shows kids where to go for the Books, Fun Stuff , about the Characters + lots MORE. Available from AMAZON

Lynn told me this: "Kids who are just learning to read on their own need to find something fun and interesting, so they understand how much fun books can be. I write the kind of books I liked to read when I was that age: anything with a secret, a hidden room, transport to a magical land, or the discovery of something that had been hidden for hundreds of years.

Those kinds of books just sucked me right in."

ME TOO!

*************************

and

Renee Hand's
Crypto-Capers Series -
Beginning with these 2:

The Case of the Missing Sock

plus - The Case of Red Rock Canyon
(Both available from Amazon and B&N)

HEY!
What child doesn't want to root for a
bunch of kids who solve mysteries.


Visit Renee's Website for books, Bio, and MORE

*************************

Also, check on the right of this page for a list of
HOOK 'EM NOW books for both
boys and girls.


Visit my own Reluctant Reader Friendly books page.
sample verses - illustrations - cover slides - trailer.


REMEMBER: Books must have fast paced stories, full of
fun, action, and cool dialogue, if you want to
HOOK that reluctant reader - or boy.




9 comments:

  1. I've read both of Renee's Crypto-Capers books and throughly enjoyed them. These others sound interesting too. I'm all for finding a way to get kids to read. My reluctant reader of a daughter took most of the summer off and now she really needs to get back into the swing of things.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for our comment Cheryl. Now, all you have to do is get your daughter to read these books!!

    http://www,margotfike.com
    * Manuscript Critiques
    * Children's Books
    * Help for writers

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books look like they'll certainly encourage kids to read. I think my grandson is too young for these though - maybe when he's a little older. Although my great nephew will be 9 in November...

    Karen Cioffi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, if your great nephew is a good reader these books should be fine for him. Your grandson might like my Rattlesnake Jam - and autographed copies from my website also receive a coloring sheet + a FREE AUDIO of me reading the story + illustrations. See the trailer on my home page.

    If his mom or you are game, there's authentic Rattler Recipes to try on my "Gran's Kitchen."
    page.

    All here: http://wwwimargotfinke.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Margot, I don't think we're that game!

    Thanks for the info.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I have eaten snake, and it is quite good. Not rattler, but snake in Australia, where I come from. Very chicken-like. If you don't mention what the meat is in these recipes no one would know. So you really don't have to be too brave - just first catch your rattler!!

    http://www.margotfinke.com
    Books - Manuscript Critiques - Writing Help

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so pleased that Margot included my books in this list. I have done a lot of author visits at elementary schools and they seem to appeal to kids with a little sense of adventure in them. Ultimately I write the kinds of books that I liked to read when I was a kid - secret passageways, hidden rooms, mysteries to uncover ...

    Happy reading!

    www.dirklesmat.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne, always happy to promote author's books.
    And we do need more books that have BOY appeal.

    * Critiques - Writing Help - Books: http://www.margotfinke.com
    http://hookkidsonreading.blogspot.com/
    http://margotfinke.blogspot.com/

    BUY any Autographed Book from my website, and
    receive a FREE LINK to me READING that story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
    ................................
    write term papers-Essay Writing Help

    ReplyDelete