Sunday, June 9, 2013

PROMO NITPICKS!


Nitpicking the Gurus about
Promoting Books.

Below is the cover of Down Under Calling, my young teen tale about a grandma and a grandson, separated by an ocean, yet still managing to come together when needed - look for the"Google" effect!


Cover by Awesome Agy Wilson
It will be self published when I finish a few final tweaks
suggested by my editor.

  If you want a book illustrated
Awesome Agy is my TOP PICK!!




Now we get to the
PROMO STUFF.

You MUST have the magic of the
Snipping Too
l to create these babies.




Those in the KNOW say that people don't actually READ blogs,  Facebook, Google+ etc - they SCAN the pages.  A few succinct words, combined with a great picture (or two) work best to HOOK reader interest and make them CLICK that link. So, I have been designing LOGOS to use, like the ones above and below - logos that make my PITCH, without people having to plow through big bunches of words. 




Those same knowing gurus whispered to me of NAME BRANDING.  Like a ball point pen brings to mind BIRO. Like a cover for a cut means BAND-AID, and copy a document is XEROX IT! 

 Ergo. . . books for kids mean
Margot Finke
- right? 

So, add that signature to everything. . .

From your emails, to your underwear,
to your bathroom towel monograms - OKAY.


SO WAD-A-YA THINK. . .?



SPEAK UP!


 DON'T MUMBLE 

 


DON'T BE SHY!




 I WON'T BITE!



BUT I WILL CRITIQUE YOUR MS
until it is "As tight as your granny's new girdle!"

*^*^*^*^*^^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


COMMENTS are pleaded for!



And the
Most worthy comment
WINS

a Kindle copy of my latest book


Your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. . .
as long as you think BOOKS FOR KIDS
whenever you hear the name
Margot Finke
.


=====================

Books for Kids - Manuscript Critiques

======================= 

No comments:

Post a Comment